If you're post-high school and ready to work hard, KCP is for you.
ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS for KCp study
The KCP International Japanese Language School is open to all full-time undergraduate students regardless of their fields of study, to post-graduate students, and to adult professionals. The program is open to U.S. students and students from other countries that have a visa treaty with Japan.
Generally, to be accepted into the program:
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You should be prepared to put in three to six hours of study each day outside of class.
- You must have successfully completed high school.
- You need a GPA of at least 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale).
- You must be a student at Elizabethtown College.
Your grades in Japanese courses are weighed. Although there is no rigid Japanese language requirement, we strongly recommend at least one semester of Japanese, or sound knowledge of hiragana and katakana, before applying.
Students who get the most out of our program have completed at least one year of college Japanese. (Three years of high school Japanese equal one year of college Japanese). If you are not a native speaker of English, you must demonstrate your English ability. For non-students, copies of recent high school or college diplomas are required instead of a transcript.
For more on class levels, see language levels offered at KCP.
Both Kawamura-sensei and Anraku-sensei always came prepared and kept me motivated in class.
- KCP Summer Short-term 2016 Conversation Practice with Hosei University Students
- KCP Summer 2016 Students Experience Japanese Tea Ceremony
- More of Japan’s Traditional Foods to Enjoy
- KCP Summer Short-term 2016 Welcome Party at Ikebukuro Dorm
- Historical Sites: Bank of Japan
- KCP Summer-Short Term 2016 Students Visit TEPIA Museum