Faculty and Staff
We are honored that KCP students think so highly of our faculty and staff.
The main goals of our faculty and staff are for each student to learn Japanese very well and advance to a higher language level. We not only teach Japanese language; we also teach students the Japanese context, so that they better understand and appreciate cultural differences.
supportive japanese instructors
A student has two or three Japanese language instructors for each language course. These instructors are available as needed to answer your language questions and for counseling and support.
- A language program advisor is available to answer questions related to the language courses.
- A head professor is in charge of the Japanese Culture and Civilization Course.
- Two student coordinators are available to answer your questions about homestays or dormitories and about life in Japan. They also arrange educational excursions with the culture course as well as additional activities.
All of our supportive staff members take a personal interest in your educational growth. If students have any questions, concerns, or items of interest to discuss, the faculty and staff are available to make their stay in Japan as educationally rewarding as possible.
In their evaluations, students give glowing recommendations to our dedicated, talented Japanese language faculty.
Sumi-sensei is wonderful. She seems harsh at first, but as you get to know her you’ll realize how sweet she really is. She’s also incredibly intelligent.
- The Hidden Fortress: The Japanese Film that Influenced Star Wars
- Osechi Ryori: The Story Behind Traditional Japanese New Year Food
- Natural Cold Remedies and Japanese Medication for Colds and Flu
- Countdown to KCP’s Spring 2017 Application Deadline
- Shiratani Unsuikyo Ravine: The Magical Forest of Princess Mononoke
- Cheap Eats in Tokyo for Students on a Budget