KCP is an affordable program.
Students commend our program as both an excellent value and an effective learning experience. Academic credit and financial aid are available through Elizabethtown College. You should be able to apply federal and state financial aid to this program.
Our goal is to make study in Japan possible for you.
|Summer Programs||Courses with Dormitory||Courses with Homestay|
|Regular Semester and Extended Programs||Dormitory Portion||Homestay Portion|
|Note: Prices subject to change without prior notice.|
Cost for courses includes:
- Language course tuition and fees
- Over 200 hours of language instruction
- Textbooks and supplementary material
- Pre-departure packet
- Detailed on-site orientation
- Course on Japanese Culture and Society
- Cultural activities and excursions (excluding some transportation costs)
- Minor medical insurance
- Pick-up at Narita Airport on your arrival date
- Lodging: your choice of dorm room or homestay
- Homestay with breakfast and dinner
- Transportation pass between lodging and school
- For the summer semester and summer short term1, all costs are payable to KCP.
- For the regular semester and extended programs2, tuition is payable to Elizabethtown College. Dormitory or homestay amounts are payable directly to KCP.
- Travel to and from Japan (as well as some culture class transportation) is not included. Airfare varies depending on season of travel. Typically, round-trip fares between the U.S. and Japan run $1,000 to $1,500.
- The majority of dorms used by KCP feature amenities that give you all the comforts of home such as your own living space including a bathroom, kitchenette, sleeping and study area, and internet. They are all single occupancy. KCP will provide a list of value-oriented restaurants, supermarkets, convenience stores, and other eateries around each area. Dorms used by KCP will either have a cafeteria, or agreement with local university cafeteria allowing for easy meal service. We recommend students budget $1,500 per semester for meals, and $1000 for our summer short term option.
- For all meals and personal expenses, you should budget $1,500 to $2,500 per semester.
- For extended or academic year terms, the homestay option is available for only the first semester.
- Note: Host family availability is not guaranteed. If a student is not able to obtain a host family, they will be automatically switched to the dormitory option.
I highly recommend Mamiya-sensei. In a class that could be tedious, she was incredibly entertaining and engaging.